The company was founded by Lieselotte and Hans Pries on October 1, 1954. The start-up capital consisted of a used VW Beetle, a portable printer and energy for new ideas. The company decided to expand its production area in order to work in the field of spare parts and constantly develop towards success. The first warehouse built for this purpose was built in 1977 in Ganderkesee, 25 km west of Bremen. Torsten Pries also followed in their parents’ creative footsteps. After completing his computer education, he took on the overall responsibility for planning, developing, and expanding software and hardware operations. Thus, it laid the foundation for the continuous expansion of the company. In the following years, work was done to continuously expand the storage capacity and purchase adjacent areas to allocate space for this capacity.
In 1997, Topran, which already produces a number of spare parts for OPEL, rose to the ranks of leaders as an OEM. In 2000, the company expanded its product range by producing spare parts for FORD, and introduced its products for the first time in September 2000 at Automechanika in Frankfurt.
In 2002, Hans Pries finally became one of the leading exporters of spare parts. Topran was already one of the market leaders in 2004 when it introduced a new spare parts production program for MERCEDES and BMW cars because it wanted to offer a wider range of products to customers. VW, AUDI, SEAT, SKODA, OPEL, FORD, MERCEDES and BMW, PEUGEOT, CIROEN, RENAULT, DACIA, HYUNDAI, KIA, MAZDA, MITSUBISHI, NISSAN, TOYOTA, VOLVO, ALEND ROOMOIA, ALFA ROMEO Topran is one of the world’s leaders in terms of quality, reliability and constant development, and the company’s official distributor in Azerbaijan is Active Group.